The ground may be covered in a white blanket of snow but why stay indoors when a winter school bus trip is an option? But where to? What kind of outings will be fun, educational and embrace winter to the fullest? In Southern Ontario the trip ideas are endless during the winter season.
Need great trip ideas? Look no further for ideas that are fun, physical and educational – whether you’re looking for fun outdoors or to escape the winter cold! All of these locations and activities can be had within or a short bus ride from the Greater Toronto Area!
14 Outdoor Winter School Bus Trip Ideas
- Ice skating is a great pastime and makes for a fun event.
- Hockey is not only a national pastime but also a great team building exercise and a ton of fun too.
- Cross country skiing is a great way to get some exercise and take in the wonderful winter landscape.
- Tobogganing is always a favourite and a lot of fun, just remember to hold onto your tuque!
- Downhill skiing and snowboarding are very popular and will make for a great experience that they will remember for years to come.
- Ice fishing can be an enjoyable outing and a great bonding experience for the students.
- Sleigh rides are a “must do” when it comes to winter activities.
- Snowshoeing offers not only great exercise and great winter vistas but also the experience to walk in the (snow) shoes of the first explorers.
- Snowmobiling across a vast winter plain can be a wonderful experience.
- Weather permitting, a local historical site is a great way to get out of a textbook and into the actual setting where these historical events took place.
- A snow and ice sculpture event can be both creative and competitive. Maybe some hot chocolate to keep the participants toasty?
- Dog sledding is a fun activity and a great way to learn about our historical attachment to these hard-working four-legged friends.
- An igloo building event is not only educational but a great teamwork exercise and fun too.
- A Geo-caching event is a great way to enjoy the great outdoors and have fun with some trivia related clues to keep the students on their toes.
6 Indoor Winter School Bus Trip Destinations
- A rousing game of Broomball can keep those competitive juices flowing, regardless of the temperature.
- A trip to Star Theatres for a seasonal movie and some buttery popcorn is always a hit.
- Curling is great for kids of all ages and doesn’t require much equipment to play so you may consider holding your own school bonspiel.
- The Strand Theatre, Celebration Square and the Rose Theatre can accommodate large audiences and make for an ideal cultural outing for all.
- The Living Arts Centre has something for everyone’s creative outlet.
- Scooter’s Roller Palace offers a fun environment for those days that are just a bit too cold to enjoy fully and is a fantastic break from the everyday classroom setting.
Take a Winter School Bus Trip & Escape the Stuffy Classroom
The winter season has a lot to offer in the way of fun and educational destinations so there’s no need to stay cooped up in some stuffy classroom everyday. Get out and enjoy everything this unique season has to offer. School buses aren’t just for kids, they’re perfect and budget friendly for all groups! Dress warm and embrace winter in all its splendour. School buses are for rent and ensure safe travels for the entire group!